Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Bishie Sparkles by Karenna Colcroft




Literary Nymphs Interview

Title: Bishie Sparkles
Author: Karenna Colcroft
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Genre: M/M fantasy
Release Date: June 27, 2012





What inspired the story?
My husband and I were talking one day about manga and anime, and he was trying to explain the concept of “bishie sparkles” to me. Basically, it’s when an attractive male character, known in manga and anime as a “bishounen” or “pretty boy” is drawn with sparkles around them to show how attractive they are. When my husband said that, I got a mental image of a bishounen coming to life and still having the sparkles, along with cute little animals, hearts, etc., in the real world.

EXCERPT:
After he ate, he opened Flower Glove and read it again, cover to cover. Every panel that showed Teruo struck him in the heart like a sledgehammer, but he forced himself to read it anyway. He needed to remember the other man, and he deserved to hurt for the loss when it would have been so easy to say what Teruo—or whatever power had given him Teruo—needed to hear.
When he closed the book, he traced the outline of the picture of Teruo on the cover. His vision blurred with tears. “I love you, Teruo,” he whispered. “I love you.” He looked up at the ceiling. “There. I said it. Now bring him back!”
Of course, nothing happened.
He went to bed and dreamed all night of Teruo. Not dreams like he’d had the night before, but dreams of their trip to the store and of other trips they might have taken around the city. Dreams of coming home to Teruo after a long day at work. Dreams of the life he’d lost because he’d been too stubborn to say three words.
The next morning, he awakened to the sound of humming. It took him a second to remember that there shouldn’t have been any sound at all in his apartment. He was alone.
Except he obviously wasn’t.
He sat bolt upright and stared across the room at the kitchenette, where a slender blond stood nude at the sink, filling the kettle.
“Teruo!” Grant sprang out of bed and rushed to the other man. “You’re back!”
“What’s wrong with my back?” Teruo glanced at him over his shoulder and stuck out his tongue. “I guess someone said the right thing at the right time.”
“Put that down.” Grant gestured at the kettle.
Teruo obeyed, and Grant swung him into his arms, lifting the bishonen off the floor. Teruo laughed, and it sounded like music. Grant set him down and immediately pulled him into a passionate kiss, all tongues and hands and desire.
The kiss left him breathless when, after long moments of touching and tasting, he finally broke it. He could have kissed Teruo forever, but he wanted more. Teruo stared at him, wide-eyed and panting but with arousal in his eyes. The man’s cock was hard against his abdomen, and without a word Grant knelt to take Teruo in his mouth.
Teruo gasped and ran a hand through Grant’s hair. Grant sucked lightly on the head of the man’s cock, then licked down the length of the shaft and nuzzled Teruo’s balls. His own arousal built higher, and desire like flames ran over his skin. He wanted Teruo’s hands on him, but first he wanted to bring his lover pleasure. He owed Teruo that much.
“Oh, yes,” Teruo murmured. “Oh, thank you.”
Grant looked up from under his eyelashes to see that Teruo’s eyes were closed. The man breathed heavily and made small, contented sounds in his throat. Grant licked his way back up Teruo’s cock and then engulfed him with his mouth.
Teruo cried out and tensed, then spasmed against Grant’s lips and tongue. The tang of semen filled Grant’s mouth and he swallowed, amazed that it had taken so little to get Teruo off. He had expected—had wanted—to give the man more oral attention than only a few seconds’ worth.
On the other hand, knowing that he had done his job so well pleased him and was a hell of a turn-on. And ego boost.
He swallowed again and slowly pulled back from Teruo. The other man smiled, panting, and leaned against the counter. “Well, I guess you’re happy to see me.”
“Hell, yes.” Grant stood and held out his hand. “Come with me and I’ll show you how happy I am.”
“You’re not going to make me put on another pair of your sweatpants?”
“Not until I’ve fucked your brains out.” Grant paused and reconsidered his wording. “Not until I’ve made love to you.”
“I think I can wait that long.” Teruo tugged the sleeve of the T-shirt Grant had slept in. “I think it’s a bit unfair that you’re dressed and I’m not.”
“I’ll take care of that as soon as you’re on my bed.” Grant took his hand. “Now.”

Where can we find your website?



No comments:

Post a Comment