Friday, June 29, 2012

INTERESTING PEOPLE INTERVIEW





Meet: Kris Jacen, Executive Editor/Formatting Director for ManLoveRomance Press and its imprints, Passion in Print Press and Featherweight Press








What are your 2 favorite careers?
 For a hero or me? For a hero – really depends on the book (love cowboys and I've seemed to develop a reputation for editing rock stars). For myself – I've been working in graphic arts/layout/production for over 14 years now and I'm still loving it. I also work as a trainer/educator and that has its good points too.

What is the hardest thing you ever had to do?
 Say goodbye to my husband when he deployed to basically a war zone with the Army, not once but twice in under three years.

Favorite music, song or band
 For music/band: I'm a parrothead (have seen Jimmy Buffet numerous times, last time in Waikiki), still kind of stuck in the 80s sometimes (love Duran Duran), have a few favorite Broadway musicals (RENT, Wicked to name two) and these days I'm loving Josh Turner (Time is Love). For song: my husband sings Brown-eyed Girl to me and we always dance to Wonderful Tonight.
Are you usually late, early or right on time?

 I'm either five minutes early or five late. I multi-task a lot and can lose track of time.

Are you happy with your life for the most part right now?

 For the most part, I'm pretty happy with my life. My husband is retiring from the military this year so some changes are afoot and if I could edit full-time I'd love that.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

 I really would love to go to England/Scotland/Ireland and I'd love to visit Australia (save me a room Geoff).

What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up on?

 Not sure on this one…something that I do? Reading – I've been reading so long I can't remember ever not reading. It would be hard to give up on my daughters or my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment