Friday, August 24, 2012

INTERESTING PEOPLE INTERVIEW





 Meet:  WILLIAM MALTESE





 Author of over 200 books, and the exclusive subject of the 303-page reference book, DRAQUALIAN SILK: A COLLECTOR’S AND BIBLIOGRAPHICAL GUIDE TO THE BOOKS OF WILLIAM MALTESE 1969-2010, published by mainstream Wildside/Borgo Press


What are your 2 favorite careers?
Writer and gourmet/gourmand.

What is the hardest thing you ever had to do?
I’m assuming this isn’t a sexual double-entendre question, in that a gentleman never tells. If it’s not, the answer is having had to watch my mother die.

Favorite music, song or band?
I’m exceedingly partial to classical music. However, when writing, I often play Latin music because a fast tempo makes my fingers move faster on a computer keyboard.

Are you usually late, early or right on time?

I always try my best to be on time in that punctuality, I think, is only good manners and a courtesy people deserve, including me. If, for any reason, I’m going to have to be late, I always make it a point to call and say so, and I expect other people to do the same.



Are you happy with your life for the most part right now?

Yes. Although I could always use a more well-defined six-pack and a helluva lot more money.


If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Back to Italy. I absolutely adore that country. If not there, then to Iguassu Falls, on the border of Brazil and Argentina, in that I’ve a fetish for waterfalls and that is one of the most truly spectacular cascades I’ve ever had the turn-on pleasure to see.



What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up?

My writing, in that writing is something that can keep one’s mind occupied and active well into old age. I’ve seen too many people in other professions slide into a complete nadir when confronted by retirement, and not one of those has been a pretty picture to see.




No comments:

Post a Comment