Sunday, September 16, 2012

Meet: Sloan Parker




INTERESTING PEOPLE INTERVIEW
Meet: Sloan Parker





 


What are your 2 favorite careers?
Writing fiction, for sure. And, it’s not a career I’ve ever had, but I’d love to write for television. I wrote a script in college and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Scripts for movies or TV are extremely hard to write, but man, that was a rewarding challenge. Even if my script never made it past my professor’s desk.

What is the hardest thing you ever had to do?

Saying good-bye to the people and pets I’ve loved. This summer we lost one of our cats. He was with us for 17 years, and watching him slip away reminded me how precious time is and how fleeting life can be. This is interesting, because I think that’s a recurring theme in what I write. I guess we really do put a lot of ourselves into our fiction.

Favorite music, song or band

Oooh, that’s a tough one. I have very eclectic tastes. It all depends on my mood or what I’m working on or doing at the time or where my focus is. I’ll listen to anything from country to classic rock. I’ve been listening to a lot of The Fray lately. Several of their songs are on my playlist for the current novel I’m working on, HOW TO SAVE A LIFE (which ironically, is a song from The Fray but that’s not the main theme song for the book).
Are you usually late, early or right on time?
Late or early. I’m rarely right on time for anything. I just hope I’m early to my wedding and late to my funeral.

Are you happy with your life for the most part right now?

Definitely. This is the best place I’ve ever been in. Personally, professionally, all of it. Not to gush (much), but I really do stop what I’m doing at least once a day and just sit in awe at how lucky I am. I’m doing what I love surrounded by people who love me. What more could a girl ask for?

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

A beach house where I could write to the sounds of the surf. Anytime I go near water, I feel energized and my creativity hits a high point.

What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up on?
My relationship with my sweetie. We’ve been living together so long I can’t imagine giving up on that now for anything. She’s my rock, my soul mate, my center. I can’t even write when we’re having a disagreement.

Thanks for the interview! Interesting questions and a lot of fun to answer.




No comments:

Post a Comment