Monday, September 30, 2013

MAKE ME HOWL by SUSAN SHAY




Literary Nymphs Interview

Title: MAKE ME HOWL     
Author: SUSAN SHAY     
Publisher: THE WILD ROSE PRESS
Genre: PARANORMAL ROMANCE
Release Date: AVAILABLE NOW ON KINDLE, PAPERBACK AND OTHER DIGITAL FORMATS ON NOVEMBER 15, 2013





Do you write in more than one genre?
 My first book, TO SCHOOL A COWBOY, is a romance, my second book, BLIND SIGHT, is a paranormal suspense romance, and this book (my third) MAKE ME HOWL, is a paranormal romance.

What if any, is the hardest part of writing for you?
 Because of the story ideas that keep popping into my brain, staying with the story until "the end" without starting another book is the hardest part.

What inspired the story?
 Marilyn Pappano, author extraordinaire, my mentor and critique partner, sent me the first chapter of a light paranormal she'd written that I absolutely loved. It was fun, funny and made me want to read more.
I thought, "I want to write a book like that, but different. Something that's fun to read and even more fun to write." When I first started writing the book, I called it Wolflit. Then the real name came to me . . . MAKE ME HOWL! 

Make Me Howl Blurb:

When Chase Holliday's gaze first met mine, something tingled on my end. He was hot. Dark blue eyes, a square jaw, hair that was just a little too long, and this way of focusing that made me wonder if I should attack or run.
 And I never run.
Together we'd make a pair anyone would sit up and notice--at least that's what I thought. Then I learned that he planned to wipe werewolves from the face of the planet. And since I was born with an active werewolf gene, well, let's just say our twain could never meet.
Until a Blood Moon occurred while I was in heat and all my hard earned control went slamming out the window with me right behind it. That's when I learned that, like wolves in nature, werewolves mate for life.
I'm in deep trouble.


EXCERPT:

I took a moment to settle myself, to find my center. Arranging my hair so I was well covered, I got to my knees, then sat on my heels. “You know, last night, when you and Doc abandoned me, Norman became a huge pest. He kept at me, wanting me to
dance with him.”
Bella’s “Um” irritated me. Annoyance tingled my exposed skin, running along my collarbone and down the insides of my arms. “He wouldn’t leave me alone. It was so gross.”
I straightened as angry lightning strikes marched down my back. “Then he insisted I finish my drink because he wanted to buy me another. Bella, I thought I was going
to have to decapitate him to get him to leave me alone. I decided to just take off and let you find another way home. But after I finished my drink—and I only had the one Doc bought me—I don’t remember anything. It’s as if I got lost in the night.”
I gathered my fury like a fiery orb in my chest. “You know I never have a memory lapse except during a blood moon phase or if I lose control. I wasn’t that angry.” A simple full moon hadn’t done that to me since I was three years old.
“That son of a cur must have slipped me a roofie. Why else would I have been out of control?” I allowed my rage to explode as I thought about the man putting a date rape drug in my drink. My body stung as the bristles burst through my skin, but I exalted in the sensation as my face narrowed, then lengthened. I loved the feeling of my body shifting from human to wolf shape. There’s never anything better than the power surge as it filled my muscles.
It’s exhilarating.

Jazzy Cannis, my heroine, has a personality that comes from my snarky inner being. It was great being able to turn loose that little inner demon inside. So! Much! Fun!!! J


About Susan Shay

I’m one of six kids, four sisters and a brother, and we all agree we had the best parents in the world. A real Leave-It-To-Beaver upbringing. We all like our hometown so much five of the six of us still live there.
I’m a reader first–I’ve been reading ever since I can remember. And when I couldn’t read, I’ve always made up stories to entertain myself.
I had a blind date on December 7 a few years ago, and married a that guy five months later. We have three sons. When I had the third one, I took a Louis Lamour book with me on the delivery table. The nurse finally wrestled it away from me when the baby was ready to make his appearance.
Almost as soon as the youngest was walking, we bought a pharmacy and I went to work full time. At first it was only supposed to be for a couple of weeks. Those two weeks lasted a looooong time. :-)
As soon as I had the time between playing with the husband and kids, cooking, laundry and work, I started writing my stories down. Much more fun! I sold my first short story to a children’s Sunday School paper. I made $35.00, and the publisher issued it twice!
I’m not only a reader and writer, I’m a knitter, a gardner and a darn good cook if I do say so myself. And I have an alter-ego I call Terminally Curious, because I am, truly, terminally curious. 

Links

GIVEAWAY:
  • One winner at each stop will receive a book of their choice from Susan's backlist!
  •  One GRAND PRIZE winner will be drawn at the end of the tour will receive an amazing Gift Basket full of goodies!





No comments:

Post a Comment