Monday, March 9, 2015

Kristi & Joanna from Torquere Press, LLC



INTERESTING PEOPLE INTERVIEW
Meet: Kristi & Joanna from Torquere Press, LLC

What are your 2 favorite careers?
 Well, publishing of course would be both of our number one favorite careers! In past careers we have both learned necessary people skills, customer service, marketing abilities and many other invaluable roles. I, Kristi, have been running Torquere for four years so becoming the owner really wasn’t a huge change. The biggest change was the ability to change things I needed to work on to build the business even further.

What is the hardest thing you ever had to do?
Kristi – Well isn’t this an interesting question. ;) The hardest thing that I have ever had to do was learn to balance my natural workaholic personality with family life. I am the type of person that if I am awake I am working, which can be tough on family in general, so learning to make myself walk away and take time was a very challenging thing for me.
Joanna - The hardest thing that I ever had to do was bounce back from losing my fiancée when I was 20 years old due to a tragic car accident. I had to bring myself back from a very dark place and continue going forward in life towards my goals, being successful and happy despite having struggles against me.

Favorite music, song or band
Kristi – I love music of almost all genres. I found myself just yesterday saying I must be old because I can’t stand the music my teenage daughter listens to. I can be found listening to anything from country to heavy metal. A lot of it depends on my mood or what I am doing. I use music to motive, alter my moods or just for enjoyment.
Joanna – I am a musician at heart. I sing, play guitar and keyboard as well  love music in general. I can be found listening to current hits as well as unknown artists that I found in a dark corner of YouTube. I equate pretty much everything throughout the day to music in one form or another.
Are you usually late, early or right on time?

Kristi – I am very anal about being early or on time to everything, although I am a very well known hater of mornings. I tend to be a night owl so early morning appointments find me dragging my butt out of bed forcefully. But being early to appointments keeps my OCD from getting going.

Joanna – I am usually early to everything. I was raised in a family of business owners and taught the importance of being on time which meant at least 15 minutes early. I can’t stand to be late it makes my skin crawl.

Are you happy with your life for the most part right now?

Kristi – I couldn’t be happier with my life right now. I am running an amazing publishing company adding romance and sexy spice to the world. Engaged to my amazing partner in life and business, while raising our kids and taking care of our dogs.

Joanna – Absolutely! I am happier now than I have ever been. I am in happy stable relationship, a new growing family, a supportive partner and am finally able to pursue my entrepreneurial desires with Torquere Press head on.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Kristi – If I could choose anywhere in the world to visit it would be Romania. I have a deep-seated love of all things dark and creepy. I would love to go tour all the old ruins, castles and creepy places in Romania. Seeing the lands and people would please me beyond explanation. My second place to visit would be Ireland. Everything I have seen is it is a stunning place of beauty that needs me there.

Joanna – Anywhere in the world? Well right now to the Ed Sheeran concert I have been fighting to find tickets to. Ireland would be my first choice, then Spain or Rome.


What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up on?

Kristi – Well, this depends if you mean give up or give up on. The hardest thing for me to give up on would be my children. It would take something very huge and serious for me not to always be at their side ready to help them. Secondly I would never give up on my business, Torquere Press, this has been my heart and soul for years and now having ownership just makes it that much more important.

Joanna – Love, passion, family, music, books and life.




 Torquere Press, LLC
Romance for the Rest of Us
GLBT Romance


 Prizm Books, a subsidiary of Torquere Press
There's Room Under the Rainbow
Young Adult & New Adult Fiction







No comments:

Post a Comment