Saturday, August 7, 2010

AUTHOR INTERVIEW
Joey W. Hill


Tell us a bit about Board Resolution

It’s the first in a five-book series called the Knights of the Board Room. Here’s the premise for Board Resolution that sets up the rest of the series (excerpt is on my website):

“Savannah has been groomed since birth to take the reins of her father’s manufacturing empire. Her emotional armor is as tough as the steel used in her factories, and no man is allowed past it. Business partner Matt Kensington realizes that the key to entry is not to ask permission, but to command her submission. Calling on the unique sensual talents of his four-man management team, he engineers an aggressive takeover, determined to rescue the woman he’s always loved from the steel cage she’s manufactured around her heart.”

That four-man management team includes Lucas, Peter, Jon and Ben. After I wrote Board Resolution, it was clear the four of them needed their own stories. Hence, the Knights of the Board Room series was born. I’ve written three so far, all of which were initially released as novellas in multi-author anthologies, though of course Board Resolution is now available digitally as a standalone through Ellora’s Cave. The other two, Controlled Response and Honor Bound, are part of the Unlaced and Laced with Desire anthologies, respectively, offered by Berkley Heat. You can find blurbs and excerpts for them on my website as well.

What's your favorite part of writing this book? Why?

Well this series was spawned by a personal fantasy of mine – that of being overpowered and thoroughly ravished in a board room setting by five gorgeous sexual Dominants. So to bring it to life, not for myself (it’s better if it stays a fantasy – grin – I’m not that flexible anymore), but for the lucky heroine Savannah, was a treat.

What can we look forward to in the future from you?

The next one, Afterlife, is almost finished. That’s Jon’s story. He’s pursuing a yoga instructor who’s 13 years older than him, a closet submissive who’s given up hope of ever finding a Master. I hope to have it contracted with Ellora’s Cave Publishing sometime in August, and if I’m lucky, we’ll get a late 2010 or early 2011 release date for it. Soon as I turn that in, I’ll start work on the final book in the series, Ben’s story, as well as the next book in my vampire series.

In the meantime, my next book in the Vampire Queen series, Vampire Trinity, releases in September. This book picks up where Vampire Mistress, my May release, left off. It’s a ménage, featuring the vampire hunter Gideon Green. He’s fallen in with Anwyn, Mistress of a BDSM club, who was forcibly turned by an unstable vampire. Unbeknownst to Gideon, she also has a vampire lover, a mysterious vampire named Daegan Rei, and the two of them have to join forces to help Anwyn through her rocky transition.

If you could change one thing about your publishing career, what would it be? Why?

I can’t think of a step in the ladder I regret, honestly. I wish I had more time. It seems if I’m not writing, I’m doing promo, and if I’m not doing promo, I’m writing. Everything else gets stuffed in the cracks wherever it can fit, and that’s not always a good feeling, but the drive to write keeps pushing me forward. And the readers are always so encouraging and supportive. Therefore, I simply hope that I’ll get some breathing room in the future, and that maybe this chaotic pace is merely typical for this step in the career!

Where can we find your website?

http://www.storywitch.com/

I also have a fan forum, http://fansofjoeywhill.forumotion.com/forum.htm, where I regularly post vignettes featuring characters from my full length works. There’s a seven-part one happening right now featuring Mason and Jessica from Beloved Vampire. There are also exclusive excerpts, deleted scenes and character interviews representing my other books. Speaking of the Knights, there will be two character interviews with them coming up in the autumn months. You can also subscribe to my newsletter through my website home page, and I run a monthly contest for a free book through that, as well as keeping you up to date on everything happening with my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment