Saturday, August 21, 2010

AUTHOR INTERVIEW  Lena Austin


Tell us a bit about Berdache

Believe it or not, Berdache came out of a hypnotic regression session. So, whether you believe in such things or not, it definitely came out of a weird little event. I couldn’t resist sharing the story, though the original was very short and much less professional. I love telling the story of the Berdache medicine man called Lizard and his quest to help his friend Red Wolf, and his generous inclusion of Moon.

What’s your favorite part of writing this book? Why?

I enjoyed most writing the exploration scene with Red Wolf and Lizard. Poor Red Wolf was so awkward and yet still managed to be strong that it was a joy to write.

What can we look forward in the future from you?

While I still enjoy writing short stories best, I have promised Aspen Mountain Press the rest of the Majesty Mysteries and two more God’s Wife stories. Lately, I’ve found myself writing a lot of comedy, perhaps in reaction to all the misery caused by the economic downturn. Who knows? My muse is as psychotic as I am. LOL!

If you could change one thing about your publishing career, what would it be? Why?

Like anyone else, I’d love to make more money. LOL!! However, I’d much prefer to be the author who finally walks across the stage to shake Oprah’s hand and convince her that ebooks are just as viable, just as literary, and most of all, here to stay.

Where can we find your website?

http://www.lenaaustin.com/ Please be forgiving! I recently lost my host, and I’m in the process of rebuilding the entire thing from the ground up.

No comments:

Post a Comment