Thursday, December 16, 2010

Blacque/Bleu by Belinda McBride

AUTHOR INTERVIEW

Tell us a bit about Blacque/Bleu

Blacque/Bleu is a paranormal m/m romance about a closeted werewolf who falls in love with a dying vampire. In this story, our heroes find what they most want and need in their lives, and choose to sacrifice their happiness for the well being of others. My heroes are tough, blue collar men, much like my father and his friends, who were truck drivers and mechanics. Both have rigid codes of honor and responsibility, which gave rise to the major conflict in the story.


What was your inspiration for the plot?


Well, I wrote Blacque/Bleu for Loose Id's Coming Out series. I wanted to write a book where 'Coming Out' included not only the hero's sexuality, but other facets of his personality as well. In fact, every character in this book has secrets that they share over the course of the story.

I started with an idea: a vampire with insomnia. From there, I developed the werewolf Lukas Blacque as his love interest. I chose to set the story in a magical town called Arcada, which I've used before in short stories. Its a town where anything can, and will happen.



Do you have another vocation besides writing?

A few years ago I left my day job as a public health paraprofessional to become full-time care-giver for my 22 year old niece, who is developmentally disabled and severely handicapped. I sometimes take freelance historical jobs as well.


What can we look forward to in the future from you?

I'm currently finishing up the sequel to An Uncommon Whore, an award winning m/m science fiction romance. In late spring, the second Dark Haven BDSM anthology will release at Loose Id. My novella will once again feature the Truckee Wolves, who were so popular in the first Dark Haven anthology.


Where can we find your website?

My website is
http://www.belindamcbride.com/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment