Monday, December 13, 2010

A Different Breed by Angel Martinez

AUTHOR INTERVIEW

Tell us a bit about A Different Breed


A Different Breed is a story of loss and redemption, of the dangers of blind prejudice and of misplaced trust. Both Richard and Josh are haunted by violence and tragedy - my vampire-knight and his cocky, hot-headed lover.


What was your inspiration for the plot?


A Different Breed is an amalgam of inspirations, a product of that wondrous, synchronous moment where several thoughts coalesce into the tantalizing beginning of a story. It began with my son grumbling about how vampire stories had become too sanitized, sparked and spat when I was doing some reading about the founding of Munich, and finally caught tinder with a half-joking dare from a fellow writer. I've always rooted for the vampire, so the leap for me from vampire as monster to vampire as tortured hero is a natural one.

Do you have another vocation besides writing?

Vocation? No. I've had a long string of jobs that I thought might be vocations. Soldier, nurse, retail worker. banker, corporate middle-manager drone, and so on, I've done a bit of everything. The current job is there to put food on the table, but it's necessity rather than identity.

What can we look forward to in the future from you?

I have some fun things in the works. My next full-length novel will be a M/M SF Romance, currently titled Gravitational Attraction (intrigue, physics, mayhem, alien cultures and steamy love scenes - my favorite mix.) I'm also working on a short story retelling of a rather unlikely fairytale for a romance - but I think I'll keep the details to myself for now.

Where can we find your website?

I'm at Angel Martinez: Erotic Fiction for the Hungry Mind
http://www.freewebs.com/angelwrites/

No comments:

Post a Comment