Monday, September 29, 2014

Her Name by Alicia Joseph


Title: Her Name 
Author: Alicia Joseph
Publisher: Musa Publishing  
Imprint: Erato (GLBT) 
Release Date: 07/11/2014 
Genres: Lesbian, Fantasy Romance











Madison Andrews believes she has found the love of her life... but only in her dreams.  She is convinced the woman is real and she seeks out their life together and the love she believes is her destiny. But how can Madison find the love of her life...and convince herself and her friends she's not just escaping the death of her mother? 

Madison Andrews has spent her entire life--unsuccessfully--searching for love. She begins having vivid dreams of the same woman every night, and soon, Madison believes this woman is the love she has been searching for. Madison's dreams become more intense and she realizes the dreams she's having recreate moments taken from actual events from her life--and this woman is there for all of it. Madison searches for her, but how can she find a woman she knows everything about... and yet nothing? She doesn't even know her name.

Excerpt:

Now, I laid down my fork and leaned into my seat. I knew she didn’t want to talk about this anymore, but I did. “This all sounds crazy to you, and maybe in the beginning, it was something to joke about, but now, I’m not sure. These pictures were taken directly out of my life, and this woman was in every one of them. You can’t tell me I just dreamed it from memory, because my memory isn’t that good! The photos were identical all the way from the clothes we wore, to the smile on our faces. Hell, even the background was the same! She was the only thing that was different. How could that be?” I stared at her, waiting for a response as she took it all in. “Like I said on the phone, I just don’t know what you want me to say. I’m not sure what you’re asking me. Is it weird? Yeah, totally, but I’m no dream expert, and neither are you. Like I said before, maybe it’s your subconscious taking over. I’m sure there’s a logical explanation, and it probably has some fancy scientific name.” “She’s my wife,” I said flatly. “I saw a picture of us from our wedding, and we looked like we belonged together. We know each other. I mean, really know each other. I wish you could see us together, because you’ve never seen me this way with anyone before.” “And what way is that?” “In love,” I answered. “In love,” Shelly repeated and then pushed herself away from the table. “Well, Maddy, me seeing you with her is something that will never happen. Do you wanna know why that will never happen?” “I know why you think that will never happen, but that’s where you’re wrong.” I stared at her and said, “I’m just gonna come out and say it. I think she’s real.” 





No comments:

Post a Comment