Friday, September 30, 2011

Sucks & Blows by Storm Grant



 

Storm Grant - Literary Nymphs Author Interview



What would you like new fans to know about you?

That I’m funny. Also young and beautiful. But I’m not lying about the funny.



In your fantasy world who or what would you be?

Funny you should ask. Years ago I was a big fan of the Highlander franchise—the one with the immortals. And then I fell for vampires. So in my fantasy world, I’m an immortal who’s first death was to be turned by a vampire. So I can go out in the sunlight, and eat real food, but also… wait. Should I be talking about my fantasies on the internet?



What is your favorite genre to read?

I read across genres because I’m looking for humor. I’ve read all 38 Discworld books, and am up to Lean Mean Thirteen in the Stephanie Plum series.

I’ll read mainstream if it’s humorous, and my favorite book of a few years ago was a thriller called Beat the Reaper about a Mafia hitman turned doctor. It has subtitles the same way Burn Notice use voiceovers: When you’re building a bomb…

My favorite books of all time are Good Omens by Neil Gaiman & Sir Terry Pratchett, Lamb, by Christopher Moore, and Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins.

If it’s funny, send it my way.

Oddly, I don’t read a lot of romance. Why that’s odd, is that I’m a huge fan of the RWA, and a member of several chapters. I can’t recommend the RWA highly enough. When we founded (I was there but I didn’t do anything much), the Rainbow Chapter, I fully expected to get flack. But the RWA is now a progressive, professional organization, and since the paperwork was filled out correctly, we got our charter on the first try.



Do you have a favorite quote?

I collect them. I have a document I started years ago called “Clever Things,” which has grown to 31 pages. It’s a single-space list of all the puns and jokes and witticisms I’ve come up with or come across over the years. I guess one of my favorites is

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.  ~ Albert Einstein



What can we look forward to in the future from you?

I’ve just sent the first draft of a new story, tentatively titled FEW ARE CHOSEN off to beta. It’s a charming first-love story about an apprentice warrior who meets his match in an apprentice wizard. Together they defeat a demon and fall in love. It’ll finish up around 12,000 words and I’ve promised it to Riptide Publishing, if they’ll have me.



Where can we find your website?

Author Name: Gina Grant w/a Storm Grant

Email address: storm.grant@gmail.com

Website URL: www.stormgrant.com









19 comments:

  1. *waves* Hi Storm. Great interview!

    I love your fantasy world. It resembles mine. I fell for vamps first, with Dracula waaaaay back. Lol, I loved the Highlanders too. Know what we need... Highlander Vampires. Mmmmmmmmm.

    :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed the interview. I want to read 'Few Are Chosen'! Fantasy is still my favorite genre and I adore wizards and warriors, so a first love story with apprentice ones sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for dropping by and commenting. Aleks and Amara.

    Susan, I *think* "Few Are Chosen" is semi-scheduled for February. Riptide edits the heck out of everything it publishes and I've been sent off to fix a few things before it's allowed to go out in public. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great interview. I love the idea of collecting favorite quotes. And I'm right with you with the vamps. I love'em too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Storm, this is why we love you :D

    (And OMG I was SUCH a Highlander addict in high school!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. *waves* Hi Storm! Looking forward to your upcoming books. Few are Chosen also seems really interesting and sweet. :)

    And OMG, Good Omens is perhaps the best thing out there. I read the bulk of the book in a public library and I had trouble preventing myself from snorting and laughing out loud.

    Beatrice
    beatrice.g.tan [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interview :) An apprentice warrior and an apprentice wizard, sounds like an exciting couple!
    Your cover has a very interesting perspective :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Storm,
    Great interview. Can't wait to read Sucks and Blow.
    Glad to be part of the First Wave with you!
    Hugs,
    Brita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great interview. Really looking forward to this. Just preordered it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the kind comments. I do hope you enjoy Sucks & Blows. It's got puns and peril and a happily ever after. It's very well edited. ;-D (Plus there's a hot love scene.)

    Yes, Good Omens totally rocks, as does all things Pratchett and Gaiman.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love Storm's stuff! Really excited to see more of her work coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Em. How was Nuit Blanche?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great interview. I too collect quotes and I love that one by Albert Einstein.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Highlander (television series) was such a great show, but it sooo didn't age well (not that it kept me from buying the complete set). Looking forward to reading "Sucks and Blows"! Sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed the Highlander series until they added the Watchers. I fell off after that.

    Looking forward to Sucks and Blows. It'll be my first book of yours, Storm. =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would like to be a vampire too ^_^.
    I follow you on twitter since now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL! Great post :-) Can't wait to read "Sucks & Blows."

    SarahM
    smaccall AT comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH, what a fun interview; I loved it.

    I'm adding Sucks & Blows to my must have list.

    Thanks,
    Tracey D
    booklover0226 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete