Friday, December 30, 2011

Blacker than Black by Rhi Etzweiler








 Rhianon Etzweiler Literary Nymphs Author Interview



What would you like new fans to know about you?
I am of the firm belief that all things are open to debate and subject to interpretation. This includes any number of parameters that one might, in life, take for granted. Very little is sacred when I write a story. I have a fetish for toying with preconceived notions.

In your fantasy world who or what would you be?
Mystique, from the X-Men.

What is your favorite genre to read?
Love is genderless, quality writing is genreless. I love a good book, no matter the genre.

Do you have a favorite quote?
“Do, or do not. There is no try.”  No idea where it comes from originally. It’s popular in the military, though.

What can we look forward to in the future from you?
I’ve two different military speculative fiction books in the works. One’s science fiction, the other more fantasy. I’m also working on the sequel to “Dark Edge of Honor.”

Here the blurb from my new Riptide release, Blacker than Black:
Apparently, my twin and I are two of York’s most notorious criminals. We’ve been Nightwalkers in the blue-light district since the vamps took over the world. Don’t know how many years it’s been. Long enough that a stream of fellow ’walkers have come and gone. Most don’t last long selling their chi. End up face-down in the gutter, or worse.

For us, one night and one sale change everything.
Monsieur Garthelle is the first john to hunt me down. He calls me a chi thief in one breath and offers absolution—servitude—in the next. Maybe I’m a sucker, but I like living and breathing. Strange that such a powerful vamp would show leniency to a mere human. And something’s not right with the chi I took from him. It won’t go away.

Neither will he, and he’s forcing us to spy on his peers. Then a vamp turns up dead, and we go from playing eyes and ears to investigating a murder. This isn’t what I signed up for. All I ever wanted was to sell a little chi, maybe steal some in return. I should’ve kept my damn hands to myself.

This is my story. Look through my eyes.

You can read an excerpt and purchase Blacker than Black here.
 

Where can we find your website?
http://www.rhianonetzweiler.com


No comments:

Post a Comment