Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pretty Monsters by Andrea Speed

       

  Andrea Speed Literary Nymphs Author Interview
              
What would you like new fans to know about you?
 I like to think I'm funny. Your mileage may vary.

In your fantasy world who or what would you be?
 The mad god who rules with a capricious iron fist.

What is your favorite genre to read?
 Don't really have one. I'll read anything that appeals to me.

 Do you have a favorite quote?
 Two, from two of my favorite writers. “In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams (Not only is The Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy a very funny book,  but full of quotable lines.) And “I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.” - Hunter S. Thompson.

What can we look forward to in the future from you?
 In October, through Dreamspinner Press, I have a novella coming out called The Little Death. It's a Chandler homage, about alcoholic tough guy private dick Jake Falconer, and how the search for a homme fatale's sexy missing brother gets him in deep trouble. I also have a fantasy novel called Strange Angels in the works for Riptide Publishing, and there will be a fourth book in the Infected series too, Infected: Freefall, although release date is TBA. (Probably around the end of the year, though.)

Here’s the blurb from my latest release, Pretty Monsters, at Riptide Publishing:
Josh knew the night shift at the Quik-Mart would be full of freaks and geeks—and that was before the hell portal opened in the parking lot. Still, he likes to think he can roll with things. Sure, the zombies make a mess sometimes, but at least they never reach for anything more threatening than frozen burritos.
Besides, it’s not all lizard-monsters and the walking dead. There’s also the mysterious hottie with the sly red lips and a taste for sweets.
Josh has had the hots for Hot Guy since the moment he laid eyes on him, and it seems Hot Guy might be sweet on Josh too. Now if only Josh could figure out whether that’s a good thing, a bad thing, or something in between. After all, with a hell vortex just a stone’s throw away, Josh has learned to take nothing at face value—even if it’s a very, very pretty face.
This title is #1 of the Josh of the Damned series.

You can read an excerpt and purchase Pretty Monsters here.
The second in the series, Peek-A-Boo is available for presale at Riptide.
Where can we find your website?
But also feel free to hit me up on Twitter, as I am often there.


7 comments:

  1. I love the series. Are you working on the next one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the interview. I can't wait to read Peek-A-Boo; it sounds great.

    Thanks,
    Tracey D
    booklover0226 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview. I LOVE the sound of your new book and look forward to what you have coming up next.

    joderjo402 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked Pretty Monsters and am looking forward to Peek-a-Boo :-)

    smaccall AT comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. There will be more Josh of the Damned and Infected, if I have anything to say about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a new author for me. looking forward to reading your work.
    Patricia
    panthers.ravens@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally read Pretty Monsters and loved! lol... Looking forward to Peek-a-boo. :D

    Judi
    arella3173_loveless(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete